The Town of Wethersfield is seeking a Chief of Surveys to work in the Engineering Division who will supervise, plan, certify and participate in the Town’s survey operations, and also develop and maintain the Town’s Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
Position closes November 20, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Salary: $84,739-$95,430 (37.5 hours/week)
Some examples of duties include:
- Supervising survey party as Party Chief to establish horizontal and vertical controls, determine exact location, elevations, and measurements of points, lines and areas, and providing construction stakeout for municipal projects, map creation, land valuation or other purposes.
- Performing A-2 surveys and developing plans of Town property and easements, including researching and establishing Town boundary lines, property lines and street lines.
- Maintaining the Town’s GIS layers and databases using techniques such as coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning or automatic conversion to vectors, and conversion of other sources of digital data.
- Analyzing GIS data to identify spatial relationships and display results of analyses using maps, graphs and tabular data.
- Associate’s Degree in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology or closely related field and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the practice of land surveying; OR an equivalent combination of suitable experience and training if deemed appropriate by the Town Manager or his designee.
- Registration as a licensed land surveyor in the State of Connecticut.
- Certification as a GIS Professional (GISP) and/or experience with municipal GIS applications is desirable; otherwise, willingness to attend training on how to use GIS software is required.
- Experience with using Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, ESRI ArcMap GIS and other software is desirable.
For additional information and an Employment Application, visit the Human Resources page of the Town’s website at www.wethersfieldct.gov.
Kratzert, Jones and Associates, Inc. (KJA), an established land surveying, planning and civil engineering company in the Milldale section of Southington, CT is seeking a qualified person to fill the Head of Surveys position.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
-Perform office work related to boundary surveys, as-built surveys, construction layout, topographic surveys and ALTA/ACSM land title surveys
-Direct field survey crew members by assigning job responsibilities and overseeing the work
-Communicate with various project managers, clients and other field crews
-Use advanced surveying tools and software
-Field survey work primarily with robotic equipment and GPS equipment to supplement field survey staff.
-Minimum of 2 years work experience in the field of Land Surveying
-AutoCAD and land surveyor computer knowledge
-Valid drivers license and clean driving record
-Ability to work outdoors in variable climates and all weather conditions
Please submit your resume and references to email@example.com
Andrew Quirk, PE, MSCE – Vice President
kratzert, jones & associates, inc.
civil engineers – land surveyors – site planners
1755 Meriden-Waterbury Road
PO Box 337
Milldale (Southington), CT 06467
(860) 621-3638 – F:(860) 621-9609
VHB’s growing Wethersfield, CT office has an immediate need for a Survey Project Manager to join our Survey team. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in Land Surveying for a variety of applications, including boundary determinations, topographic surveys, utility surveys, highway surveys and subdivisions. The position requires up-to-date knowledge of current technologies, and a proven ability to manage land surveying projects. Competitive salary and potential sign-on bonus.
- Successfully managing projects, project staff and clients.
- Establishing budgets, helps coordinate schedules surveyors for projects.
- Performance and/or oversight of surveying calculations.
- Analysis and interpretation of public records research, including deeds, plans and other pertinent documents.
- Perform field checks and manages quality control.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of local subdivision and zoning requirements.
- Thorough understanding and proficiency in AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Familiarity and/or proficiency in the use of StarNet, UAS technologies and LiDAR a plus
- Ability to direct and monitor construction layout services.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal collaboration- communication skills.
- 3+ years of professional land surveying experience, including managing land surveying projects
- Proficient/knowledgeable in all aspects of land surveying and geomatics, including legal requirements, boundary determinations and ALTA/NSPS requirements
- CT PLS license preferred
Please submit applications online at firstname.lastname@example.org
Martinez Couch & Associates (MCA) is seeking a CAD Technician with 5+ years of experience of survey drafting experience. The candidate must have Auto CAD Civil 3D capabilities and experience. MicroStation experience is a plus. The candidate will provide drafting and design support of surveying projects. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Must have experience drafting for survey and civil/site/infrastructure design.
- Experience in preparing ROW acquisition/easement maps.
- Have familiarity with land development and highway plans, construction stakeout, computations and cut-sheets.
Send resume to email@example.com MCA is an equal opportunity employer
Martin Surveying Associates, LLC, a growing firm located in Berlin, Connecticut is seeking a party chief with the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in the role of a Party Chief.
- Ability to perform and work as a one-person crew utilizing robotic total stations and GPS equipment.
- Experienced in ALTA/NSPS Surveys, boundary surveys, topographic surveys and construction layout on large commercial projects.
- AutoCAD experience a plus.
Please send Resume to:
Martin Surveying Associates, LLC
321 Ellis Street
New Britain, CT 06051