Town of Farmington
Autocad Specialist provides technical assistance to engineering staff in design construction mapping & surveying of public works projects.
Responsible for town wide mapping & GIS. HS Deg. + 5 years of drafting experience including CAD and GIS.
Salary $70,011. http://www.farmington-ct.org/about-us/employment/job-openings for application & more info. Due by April 21, 2021. EOE.
Civil Engineers / Civil Technicians – Lenard Engineering, Inc. has immediate job openings for civil engineers and civil/survey technicians in our Glastonbury and Winsted, CT, and Auburn, MA offices.
Ideal candidates will have a BS in Civil Engineering or related field, 2–4 years’ experience in civil engineering and site planning, strong Civil 3D AutoCAD skills, land surveying and construction inspection. New graduates with strong internship experience are also encouraged to apply.
Established in 1970, Lenard Engineering is a 25-person civil and environmental consulting firm. Our three office locations serve municipal and public clients throughout Connecticut and Massachusetts.
Lenard Engineering offers a strong benefits package which includes 401(k); health, dental, disability and life insurance; membership in professional associations; tuition reimbursement; vacation and sick leave; and reimbursement for mileage.
Please send current résumé and cover letter in confidence to Tricia Canterbury, Office Manager at Canterbury@lenard-eng.com
Please find out more about us at www.lenard-eng.com
CT DOT seeks to fill a Transportation Engineer 1 (Const. Engineering) position at our Central Surveys office, in Newington, CT. The position is primarily an office position and does not require an LS but does require education, experience or some combination thereof. The attached link provides position details, qualifications, closing date, and application process.
Applications are being accepted for the job classification below. Applications will be accepted until the close date and time shown below. Additional information may be obtained by clicking on the Web Link below to view the full job announcement on our website.
Job Title: Transportation Engineer 1 (Construction Engineering)
Opening Date: Mar 26 2021 12:00AM
Closing Date: Apr 16 2021 11:59PM
Recruitment Number: 210323-8848FS-001
Web Link: https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jobapscloud.com%2FCT%2Fsup%2FBulpreview.asp%3FR1%3D210323%26R2%3D8848FS%26R3%3D001&data=04%7C01%7CJackie.Ouellette%40ct.gov%7Ccd5a816ad3ba49c89a4c08d8f0478f9d%7C118b7cfaa3dd48b9b02631ff69bb738b%7C0%7C0%7C637523537433604687%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=Z0qcOhCEIgpJ4aW%2BYlUBG4b2K1YKGqDRl4Vq%2BvqmjCA%3D&reserved=0
VHB’s growing Wethersfield, CT office has an immediate need for a Survey Project Manager to join our Survey team. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in Land Surveying for a variety of applications, including boundary determinations, topographic surveys, utility surveys, highway surveys and subdivisions. The position requires up-to-date knowledge of current technologies, and a proven ability to manage land surveying projects. Competitive salary and potential sign-on bonus.
- Successfully managing projects, project staff and clients.
- Establishing budgets, helps coordinate schedules surveyors for projects.
- Performance and/or oversight of surveying calculations.
- Analysis and interpretation of public records research, including deeds, plans and other pertinent documents.
- Perform field checks and manages quality control.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of local subdivision and zoning requirements.
- Thorough understanding and proficiency in AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Familiarity and/or proficiency in the use of StarNet, UAS technologies and LiDAR a plus
- Ability to direct and monitor construction layout services.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal collaboration- communication skills.
- 3+ years of professional land surveying experience, including managing land surveying projects
- Proficient/knowledgeable in all aspects of land surveying and geomatics, including legal requirements, boundary determinations and ALTA/NSPS requirements
- CT PLS license preferred
Please submit applications online at firstname.lastname@example.org
Martinez Couch & Associates (MCA) is seeking a CAD Technician with 5+ years of experience of survey drafting experience. The candidate must have Auto CAD Civil 3D capabilities and experience. MicroStation experience is a plus. The candidate will provide drafting and design support of surveying projects. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Must have experience drafting for survey and civil/site/infrastructure design.
- Experience in preparing ROW acquisition/easement maps.
- Have familiarity with land development and highway plans, construction stakeout, computations and cut-sheets.
Send resume to email@example.com MCA is an equal opportunity employer