The Central Connecticut State University Civil Engineering Program is looking for an adjunct faculty member to teach a 3 credit course in “Introduction to GPS”. Minimum education and license requirement BSCE, MSCE or related degree in Surveying or GIS plus professional license as PE or PLS. The course will hopefully be 1 class per week, 2.5 hours per week at a time convenient to those working, say start at 3:30pm.
Payment: $1,700 per credit hour with less than 30 hours of teaching experience. Start Fall 2023. Course is already written, no textbook, approximately 9 weeks class room (lecture and software applications) and 5 weeks field lab (static and RTK topography). The program owns 4 ProMark120 Static/RTK Receivers with LAN cards (students use their smart phone mobile hotspots). RTK processing through some CARLSON software to create an ASCII point file, then Civil 3D to generate topography. Static observation and processing through OPUS Rapid. The new instructor can edit the existing course lectures and labs as needed, support in getting lecture material and hardware in order will be provided. Contact Jay Doody PS/PE for further information if you are interested, at email@example.com.
All Seasons land surveying, located in Wallingford, CT, seeks to hire a full-time field surveyor/party chief to work under the direct supervision of our licensed land surveyor to assist with all aspect of surveying.
• 3-5 years’ experience is desired for this position but is not required for the right candidate.
• Candidate should be a self-starter willing to learn to operate survey equipment and AutoCAD software.
• Candidate must hold a valid driver’s license with a clean record.
• Candidate should desire expanding their surveying capabilities including utilizing robotic/GPS equipment.
• Candidate will receive on-the-job training in all aspects of surveying including land record research.
• We are looking for a candidate to grow with our expanding surveying operation.
For more information, please contact Daniel Laferriere at (203) 213-1871 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
At BL Companies, we are a team-oriented, 100% employee-owned company that continually strives for excellence in providing integrated professional services.
CREW CHIEF: Responsible for running a one or two-person survey crew.
- CAD, GPS, & Robotic knowledge desirable and experience managing survey crew – preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in Boundary/Topographic/Route Surveying, Construction Stakeout and ALTA surveys
- Comfort and Experience with data collection technology
- Experience with construction layout for commercial/residential sites as well as layout for oil and gas
- Experience in land records research, both on site and online
- Ability for local travel 25-50% of the time, with occasional overnight.
SLR International Corporation has an exciting opportunity for a Survey Field Technician in our Cheshire, Connecticut location. Come join our strong team of engineers and scientists as a part of a dynamic and growing international environmental consulting organization.
Godfrey Hoffman Hodge, LLC (GHH) is a small land surveying / civil engineering firms with our headquarters in North Haven, CT and a satellite office in Farmington CT. Since 1924 GHH has provided Connecticut with superior service and integrity in the land surveying & civil engineering arena.
Party Chief: Looking for self-motivated, energetic survey party chief to fill our full-time permanent position. Experience in land record research, operating Robotic field instruments, GPS, data collection, basic computer and CAD skills are required.
A survey chief should possess a strong work ethic, enjoy working outdoors, working individually or in a team and a desire to learn.
This position offers exposure to a diverse workload that provides for excellent professional development with a future. Come join a great team at Godfrey Hoffman Hodge, LLC. Salary commensurate with experience. Health, Life & Vison insurance, 401k, PTO time are among some of the benefits at GHH.
All inquiries will be kept completely confidential.
Respond to email@example.com
New Haven County