CT and Other States
- Work for an Industry Leader!
Challenging Projects - Dynamic Work Environment - Outstanding Opportunities
Consistently ranked by CE News as one of the “Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For,” Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. (VHB) provides integrated planning, transportation, land development, land surveying and environmental services from 21 offices throughout the east coast. VHB is dedicated to providing a challenging, fun, and rewarding work environment. Our expanding Land Surveying Departments in Connecticut, Western Massachusetts and New York are seeking qualified candidates to join our team, including entry level to project management level positions. Please submit qualifications and resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Survey Manager/Director, Licensed Land Surveyor - Munoz Engineering & Land Surveying a mid-size NY/NJ Civil Engineering/Surveying firm is expanding and seeking a licensed union or non-union Survey Manager/Director with 10 or more years of topographic and construction experience on infrastructure related projects. Must be able to work in both NJ and NYC. This is a key position with great potential for growth. Excellent benefits, salary commensurate with experience. Please respond to: email@example.com or call Carmen Giuliano mob.860-794-9144 ofc.212-964-007
- Transit Person – Darien, CT Land Surveying Firm, Established in 1977, we are a professional services firm providing land surveying, zoning and land use consulting, hydrographic surveying, coastal permitting and other services associated with land use and development. Our services range from single family residential lot line staking to multi-lot subdivisions and many commercial and industrial developments and municipal improvement projects.Qualifications/Requirements
1 Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions including heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.
2) Ability to lift 50 lbs.
3) Valid automobile driver’s license (boating license a plus)
4) Proficient Computer & Math Skills
Please send resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional Land Surveyor – Redniss & Mead, Inc., Stamford, CT
Candidates should be experienced in:
- Prepare, review and monitor field surveys
- Construction Layout Calculations
- Deed research/write legal descriptions
- Direct field and office staff to execute field surveys
- Perform quality control of all survey documents, including survey plans, record plats, descriptions, and review of title commitment reports
- Process field work
- Prepare and review CAD work, plats and final surveys
- Coordinate and assist in scheduling and preparing cost estimates under the supervision of the Project Surveyor
- Perform financial management of survey projects including proposal preparation, billing reports, invoicing and collections
- Survey boundary analysis and computations of ALTA, topography, utility and roadway surveys utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Schedule and coordinate between other departments and companies
Work for this position will be on a variety of project types including residential, commercial and institutional.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Data Collection is required.
- Excellent organizational skills. Strong multi-tasking and follow-up skills. Ability to prioritize.
- Good time management skills and proactive approach.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
Redniss & Mead, located in Stamford, Connecticut, has been providing Civil Engineering, Land Surveying and Planning & Zoning Consulting Services to clients in both the public and private sector since 1957. Redniss & Mead offers a competitive compensation package including salary, medical benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, performance bonuses, 401K retirement plan, direct deposit, and a health club membership.
For confidential consideration, forward resume to:
Lawrence W. Posson, PLS, Director of Surveying
via e-mail to: L.Posson@rednissmead.com or fax (203) 357-1118 or regular mail at the following address:
Redniss & Mead, Inc.
Lawrence W. Posson, PLS, Director of Surveying
22 First Street
Stamford, CT 06905
- Survey Department Manager – BSC Group, Inc., a multi-disciplinary firm with an office located in Glastonbury, CT, is seeking a Survey Department Manager. Position requires a Connecticut PLS registration and at least ten years experience performing field surveys, research of record data, preparing office calculations and plans, and supervising both office and field staff in the performance of work for title surveys, boundary surveys, topographic surveys, and construction staking activities. A BS degree in surveying is preferred. Candidates should have proficiency in the use of standard total station, robotic total station, electronic leveling, GPS survey equipment and use of AutoCAD and Carlson software in the performance of data collection, download, analysis, and presentation. The position requires mastery of the process for land subdivision and the preparation of survey plans and documents associated with land development. Plans and documents to be created include existing conditions plans, subdivision plans, title surveys, boundary surveys, easement exhibits, and legal descriptions. Proficiency in the review of construction documents and associated preparation for survey staking of these plans is required. The successful candidate must be able to engage the market, seeking out and following up on business development leads, prepare scopes of work and fee estimates, and interact with clients and the division management team to bring in work. The position offers the opportunity to grow a survey division to a size that can be sustained by success in the business development effort. Good communication skills and supervisory abilities are a must.BSC Group offers a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, group life, 401(k).
Qualified candidates should forward cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
BSC Group, Inc.
15 Elkins Street
Boston, MA 02127
Fax: 617-896-4301, E-mail: email@example.com
No recruiters, no telephone calls, please.
BSC Group is an AA/EEO employer.
- Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a nationally recognized multi-disciplined civil, structural, geotechnical and environmental engineering firm that has routinely been ranked as a “Go-To Design Firm” by Roads and Bridges magazine and one of ENR’s MidAtlantic Top Design Firms. We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Surveyor in our Glastonbury, CT office. Duties & Responsibilities include: Running a survey crew, assisting other survey crews, computations and drafting, work with Alta, Boundary, Topographic, Right of Way, knowledge of Leica GPS and Leica Total Stations a plus, experience with Microstation and Geopak required. Qualifications include an Associate’s degree and PLS license in CT and/or MA with 10+ years survey experience. Alfred Benesch & Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ Disability / Protected Veteran Employer. Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Apply online at: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BENESCH&cws=1&rid=209
- Fuss & O’Neill, Inc. located in Manchester, CT has two openings in the survey department.
1. Survey Department Manager – This position requires a self-motivated, organized individual who is able to work in a team environment and should possess the qualifications associated with managing projects and survey staff.
The ideal candidate would possess a minimum of 15 years of experience in the land survey field with duties that have include a minimum of 10 years of project management, field crew & office staff supervision, client interaction and client relationship management experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Client management: building and maintaining relationships; performing business development, marketing, and sales; preparing proposals and fee estimates; invoicing clients, and managing accounts receivable.
- Project management: setting up projects, managing staff, directing field to finish approaches, performing
computations, performing technical reviews, performing financial reviews, and archiving projects.
- Staff management: interviewing, mentoring, training, assisting staff, scheduling, and conducting performance reviews.
- Equipment management: performing new equipment evaluation, procurement, and setup; developing company standards and procedures; training staff, and troubleshooting and maintaining equipment.
2. Land Surveyor – Survey Party Chief – The successful candidate will lead a survey crew and participate in conducting surveys to determine the precise location and measurement of points, lines, elevations, areas, and contours for map preparation, land division, record drawings, title, or other related purposes.
The Land Surveyor may also mentor and train junior field staff, and will interact with internal and external clients.
- Capable of providing all forms of field services including: boundary surveys, ALTA/ACSM surveys, topographic & utility surveys, and construction stakeout.
- Ability to successfully operate (and enjoy working alone) a one-person G.P.S./robotic total station survey crew. Ability to oversee a two-person survey crew is also required.
- Willingness and preparation to work outside in all weather conditions. Self-motivation and a strong work ethic are required.
- Ability to work on uneven and unstable terrain is required. Must be able to carry items up to 75 lbs.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is a plus.
- Record research ability is a plus.
- Already on a path to licensure is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of field experience is required.
Must possess a valid driver’s license, clear driving record, and the ability to pass a federal background clearance check to obtain access to certain project locations.
To Apply – Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Fuss & O’Neill, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fuss & O’Neill participates in the Federal e-Verify program.
Fuss & O’Neill, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Party Chief - Martin Surveying Associates, LLC is a growing firm located in Kensington, Connecticut is seeking a party chief with the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in the role of a Party Chief.
- Ability to perform and work as a one-person crew utilizing robotic total stations and GPS equipment.
- Experienced in ALTA/ASCM Surveys, boundary surveys, topographic surveys and construction layout on large commercial projects.
AutoCAD experience a plus.
Please send Resume to:
Martin Surveying Associates, LLC
148 High Road
Kensington, CT 6037
- Martinez Couch & Associates, LLC is a growing Land Surveying, Civil Engineering and Environmental Consulting firm based in Rocky Hill, CT. We have the following two positions available:
- Instrument Operator: Position for experienced instrument operator. Experience with robotic total stations, data collectors and GPS is preferred. Knowledge of various land surveying skills while performing boundary and topographic surveys are a plus. Ability to work in both urban and rural environments are required. Computer proficiency and good organizational skills are a plus.
- LSIT or Licensed Land Surveyor with 5 to 10 years’ experience in field, office and research areas. The ideal candidate must have experience in boundary, topographic surveys, performing land records research and proficiency with AutoCAD LDD and Civil 3D. Knowledge with Microstation is a plus. Position offers strong growth opportunity to the right candidate.
Experience Level: 5 to 10 Years
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rocky Hill, CT
Job Duties: Duties include performing “field to finish” surveys along with assistance in drafting, research as project requirements and schedule to meet client deadlines. Types of projects range from municipal infrastructure such as building and facility sites, open land, development sites, roadways, bridges and streetscapes, to residential and commercial developments and construction sites in urban and sub-urban areas.
-Licensed Land Surveyor in the State of Connecticut, or ability to obtain a license within a year. (Licensure in other Northeast States a plus)
-Experience in: Title Search, Boundary and Topographic Surveys, Hydrologic Surveys, Bridges, Stakeout, As-Built Surveys
-DOT survey procedures knowledge is a plus
-Robotic instrument experience required
-Understanding and commitment to CAD standards and procedures
-Strong oral and written communication skills
-Good problem solving abilities – in both field and office
-Ability to interact well with team, staff, clients and sub-contractors
-Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
-Valid US driver’s license, with clean driving record.
MCA offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including paid vacation, medical insurance, 401(K) retirement plan with employer matching contribution, life insurance, Short-Term Disability and Long Term Disability as well as a professional working environment with opportunity for advancement. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest together with a current resume to email@example.com or fax to 860-436-4626. MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Land Surveying firm located on the shoreline looking for a part time field technician and part time cad technician Contact 860 669-7799 and ask for Don.
New Haven County
- Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is a growing multidisciplinary engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental science consulting firm. Our corporate office is located in Cheshire, Connecticut with satellite office locations in Maine; New York; South Carolina; Massachusetts; and Vermont.
We have Land Surveying positions available at our corporate office for talented and career-minded individuals who are looking for opportunities to grow in our firm.
- Survey Project Manager
As an essential member of the survey team, the successful candidate will be responsible to manage survey projects, coordinate with clients and build relationships, supervise survey crews, and coordinate survey projects with other professionals throughout the company.
The candidate should have a land surveyor-in-training certification or a Connecticut land surveyor license and the ability to relate to clients and people at all levels of the organization. A Bachelor’s degree in land surveying or licensure in Massachusetts would be considered a plus. Excellent oral and communicative skills are necessary. Experience using GPS technology and knowledge of AutoCAD and Carlson software are preferred.
- Survey Party Chief
The candidate will serve as a crew leader and directs the work of the survey crew at job sites in performing property/boundary, topographic, bathymetric, right-of-way, and construction surveys for public and private clients.
The candidate should have three or more years field experience, knowledge of field instruments and proficient computer skills. College degree and CAD experience preferred. Excellent oral and written communicative skills required.
- Survey Field Technician (Rod Person)
The candidate will assist the survey team in performing property/boundary, topographic, bathymetric, right-of-way, and construction surveys for public and private clients.
The candidate should have zero to two years experience in land survey field work, knowledge of field instruments and proficient computer skills required. College degree and CAD experience preferred. Excellent oral and written communicative skills required.
All candidates should have a strong work ethic, enjoy working outdoors in a technical capacity, working individually or in a team, willing and eager to learn, and looking to take on more responsibility.
We offer a competitive salary, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package, and a flexible and positive work environment. Our success depends on attracting the best talent and continuously striving to improve what we do and how we do it. There are no barriers to where your talent can lead you.
Interested applicants may submit their resume to: Pamela Harris, Human Resources Manager, Milone & MacBroom, Inc., 99 Realty Drive, Cheshire, CT 06410, firstname.lastname@example.org, (203) 271-1773
- Land Surveyor Assistant - Successful candidates must be able to work indoors as well as outdoors in all weather conditions and varied field conditions; Ability to lift 50lbs;
Must be dependable with own transportation & possess a valid CT driver’s license; must be proficient in computer and math skills.
Past survey experience is a plus.
Monday – Friday 32 to 40 hours a week.
Please send or fax resume and references to:
LWF Land Surveying
48 Alps Road
Branford, CT 06405
Fax (203) 483-9388
- Civil Engineer – Wallingford, CT, needed for family owned Engineering and Surveying Firm in business for over 39 years. Must have 3-years or more experience in site planning, grading, utilities, subdivision design and commercial development. Must be able to multi-task and possess strong communication skills. Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
New London County
- CT Licensed Professional Civil Engineer - Boundaries LLC, a full‐service multi‐disciplined firm providing land surveying, engineering, land use planning, soil science and permitting services throughout Connecticut, is seeking a full‐time Professional Civil Engineer for our Griswold CT office. The ideal candidate will have experience in providing private, municipal, governmental and institutional clients with professional engineering services and will be able to work on multiple projects within a team‐oriented environment. Candidates must be licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of Connecticut and have a minimum of eight (8) years experience in site/civil engineering design, including but not limited to: site development, utility infrastructure, roadway design, stormwater management, erosion and sedimentation controls, preparation of project specifications and bid documents, construction administration, and environmental permitting/reporting. Candidates must be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, possess excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills, and be able to represent clients effectively before regulatory agencies. Boundaries LLC offers employees a competitive salary and a benefits package which includes medical insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, sick time and holidays. Salary is negotiable DOQ. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by May 16, 2014 to Boundaries LLC, PO Box 184, Griswold, CT 06351.