CT and Other States
Work for an Industry Leader!
Challenging Projects - Dynamic Work Environment - Outstanding Opportunities
Consistently ranked by CE News as one of the “Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For,” Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. (VHB) provides integrated planning, transportation, land development, land surveying and environmental services from 21 offices throughout the east coast. VHB is dedicated to providing a challenging, fun, and rewarding work environment. Our expanding Land Surveying Departments in Connecticut, Western Massachusetts and New York are seeking qualified candidates to join our team, including entry level to project management level positions. Please submit qualifications and resumes via email to email@example.com.
- Party Chief - Martin Surveying Associates, LLC is a growing firm located in Kensington, Connecticut is seeking a party chief with the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in the role of a Party Chief.
- Ability to perform and work as a one-person crew utilizing robotic total stations and GPS equipment.
- Experienced in ALTA/ASCM Surveys, boundary surveys, topographic surveys and construction layout on large commercial projects.
AutoCAD experience a plus.
Please send Resume to:
Martin Surveying Associates, LLC
148 High Road
Kensington, CT 6037
- Survey Manager – Loureiro Engineering Associates, Inc. (LEA), an employee owned, full-service multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm located in Plainville, Connecticut has an immediate opening for a Survey Manager in our Civil/Survey Division.Key responsibilities for this position include working with Engineers, Project Managers and other personnel to define and implement survey applications for any number of given projects; overseeing the respective department operations and staff to ensure that they are fully supporting the overall needs of the Company and our clients; marketing our services while building relationships with clients/prospective clients.Other responsibilities include: direct, supervise and report on the performance of the department systems and production; collect and evaluate statistical and technical information and provide accurate and timely communication of information to/from clients and internal staff; direct the development of new methods and routines to assure optimum utilization for all staff and equipment; recommend state-of-the-art products in both hardware and software.Requirements: minimum two years of college education preferred but not required; Professional Licensure in Connecticut (Rhode Island and Massachusetts a plus); 7-10 years of surveying experience in boundary work, deed research, topographic surveys, utility mapping and construction layout; 3 or more years field crew supervisory experience; familiarity with GPS, Robotic Total Station, AutoCAD and Carlson software experience; excellent communication and team skills.We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates may apply online to Resume@Loureiro.com; by fax (860)-410-2993; or mail to- Loureiro Engineering, Attn: Human Resources, 100 Northwest Drive, Plainville, CT. 06062. EOE/AA
- Survey Party Chief: Position opened for an experienced Survey Party Chief. The candidate must have experience in field procedures, land record research, boundary and topographic surveys. Candidate must have knowledge of Robotic Instruments and GPS operation. LDD or Civil 3D knowledge is a plus.
- Field Technician: One Position opened for a survey technician with one or two years of experience working in the field. Experienced preferred but will train the right candidate.
Martinez Couch & Associates, LLC is a growing Land Surveying, Civil Engineering and Environmental Consulting firm based in Rocky Hill, CT. We have the following two positions available:
- Instrument Operator: Position for experienced instrument operator. Experience with robotic total stations, data collectors and GPS is preferred. Knowledge of various land surveying skills while performing boundary and topographic surveys are a plus. Ability to work in both urban and rural environments are required. Computer proficiency and good organizational skills are a plus.
- LSIT or Licensed Land Surveyor with 5 to 10 years’ experience in field, office and research areas. The ideal candidate must have experience in boundary, topographic surveys, performing land records research and proficiency with AutoCAD LDD and Civil 3D. Knowledge with Microstation is a plus. Position offers strong growth opportunity to the right candidate.
Experience Level: 5 to 10 Years
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rocky Hill, CT
Job Duties: Duties include performing “field to finish” surveys along with assistance in drafting, research as project requirements and schedule to meet client deadlines. Types of projects range from municipal infrastructure such as building and facility sites, open land, development sites, roadways, bridges and streetscapes, to residential and commercial developments and construction sites in urban and sub-urban areas.
-Licensed Land Surveyor in the State of Connecticut, or ability to obtain a license within a year. (Licensure in other Northeast States a plus)
-Experience in: Title Search, Boundary and Topographic Surveys, Hydrologic Surveys, Bridges, Stakeout, As-Built Surveys
-DOT survey procedures knowledge is a plus
-Robotic instrument experience required
-Understanding and commitment to CAD standards and procedures
-Strong oral and written communication skills
-Good problem solving abilities – in both field and office
-Ability to interact well with team, staff, clients and sub-contractors
-Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
-Valid US driver’s license, with clean driving record.
MCA offers a competitive salary and benefits package including paid vacation, medical insurance, 401(K) retirement plan with employer matching contribution, life insurance, Short-Term Disability and Long Term Disability as well as a professional working environment with opportunity for advancement. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest together with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 860-436-4626. MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Join an energetic and growing group of civil/transportation professionals at BSC Group, Inc., a 110-person multi-state consulting engineering firm. The following position is currently open in our Glastonbury, CT office:
Part-Time Survey Technician – Work schedule will be 16-24 hours per week with the possibility of advancing towards full-time employment. Responsibilities include assisting Land Surveyors at the job site with land title surveys, existing condition/topographic surveys, boundary surveys, subdivision surveys and construction staking. Candidates must be physically capable of carrying tools over difficult terrain and working outdoors in varying weather conditions. The qualification requirements are a minimum of 2 years of experience, a valid driver’s license and good math skills. Associate’s degree a plus.
Please e-mail your resume to: email@example.com, No telephone calls, no recruiters, please.
BSC is an AA/EEO employer.
- Land Surveying firm located on the shoreline looking for a part time field technician and part time cad technician Contact 860 669-7799 and ask for Don.
- Office CAD Designer / GIS Technician – We currently have an opening for a CAD Designer/ GIS Technician in our Cromwell, CT office. CAD Designer/ GIS Technician would be responsible for producing survey maps and engineering site plans. Applicants should have knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation, Microsoft Excel and Word. Knowledge of ARC GIS will be a requirement. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A minimum of three (3) years of survey experience is preferred.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instrument Person – We currently have an opening for an Instrument Person in our Cromwell, CT office. Practical knowledge of land surveying practices is required. Skills in using total stations, GNSS equipment, robotic instruments and data collectors a plus. Applicants should have the ability to travel for work. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A minimum of three (3) years of survey experience is preferred. OSHA 40 hour training and OSHA construction certificate a plus. All successful applicants will have back ground checks, will be drug tested and will be subject to random testing throughout the year.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
- Senior Surveyor (CT) – Currently we are seeking a Senior Surveyor in our Cromwell, CT office. Senior Land Surveyor would be responsible for production of surveying and mapping projects in accordance with current standards of practice. The successful applicant will schedule, assign and supervise work of survey parties engaged in collection, processing and mapping of survey data. The ideal candidate will be a PLS in the State of Connecticut with 5 or more years of surveying and mapping experience, reducing field notes, preparing base maps and performing office computations. Computer skills should include Autodesk/AutoCAD, Trimble Office, and Microsoft Excel and Word. Travel to our office in Poughkeepsie, NY may, at times, be required. OSHA 40 hour training and OSHA construction certificate a plus. All successful applicants will have back ground checks, will be drug tested and will be subject to random testing throughout the year.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Haven County
- The SUPERIOR Network of Companies is Southern New England’s largest independently family-owned group of closely integrated companies, dedicated to providing the survey & construction markets with a vast selection of diversified construction products, equipment, and specialized services. We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to become part of our team.
Our Instruments Division has an opening for an Assistant Manager at our Milldale location.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Customer technical support
- Active in all aspects of retail store operation
- Seminars and presentations
- Training of other employees and customers
- Display set up, stock and cleaning
The ideal candidate possess the following:
- Management experience
- Knowledge of surveying and/or construction
- Computer skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Basic knowledge of Computer Networking a plus
- AutoCAD experience helpful
- Inventory management and control
- Retail sales experience
- Valid driver’s license
Full benefit package available.
Resumes to: email@example.com
- Survey Project Manager – Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is a growing multidisciplinary engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental science consulting firm. We will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse workforce of extremely talented professionals.
We are seeking a licensed professional land surveyor to join our land surveying department as a Survey Project Manager at our corporate office located in Cheshire, Connecticut. The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects in the New England area.
As an essential member of the survey team, the successful candidate will be responsible to manage survey projects, coordinate with clients and build relationships, supervise survey crews, and coordinate survey projects with other professionals throughout the company.
The ideal candidate will be a licensed land surveyor in Connecticut and Massachusetts with a minimum of five years’ experience and the ability to relate to clients and people at all levels of the organization. Excellent oral and communicative skills are necessary. Experience using GPS survey technology and knowledge of AutoCAD and Carlson software are preferred.
We offer a competitive salary, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package, and a flexible and positive work environment. Our success depends on attracting the best talent and continuously striving to improve what we do and how we do it. There are no barriers to where your talent can lead you.
Interested applicants may submit their resume to:
Pamela Harris, Human Resources Manager
Milone & MacBroom, Inc.
99 Realty Drive
Cheshire, CT 06410
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Rod Person—Civil Engineering / Land Surveying Rim looking for an instrument / rod person. AutoCAD experience very helpful. Pay commensurate with experience. Please contact John or Scott @203-639-8636.
- Civil Engineer – Wallingford, CT….Civil Engineer needed for family owned Engineering and Surveying firm in business for over 39 years. Must have 3 years or more experience in site planning, grading, utilities, subdivision design and commercial development. Must be able to multi-task and possess strong communication skills. Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office. Please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instrument man / Rod man – Contact Scott Poryanda, Connecticut Consulting Engineers, LLC, One Prestige Drive, Suite 110, Meriden, CT 06450, Tele. 203-639-8636.
- “Land Surveyor Assistant” - Successful candidates must be able to work indoors as well as outdoors in all weather conditions and varied field conditions; Ability to lift 50lbs;
Must be dependable with own transportation & possess a valid CT driver’s license; must be proficient in computer and math skills.
Past survey experience is a plus.
Monday – Friday 32 to 40 hours a week.
Please send or fax resume and references to:
LWF Land Surveying
48 Alps Road
Branford, CT 06405
Fax (203) 483-9388
- Land Surveyor— Field-based position requires a minimum of five (5) years of practical experience with Total Stations and Data Collection, GPS a plus. Salary and benefits are open and will be negotiated based on applicant’s experience.
Send resume, including salary history and requirements in confidence to: Patrick Corless, Jr., L.S., Clarence
Blair Associates, Inc., 85 Willow Street, New Haven, CT 06511 Or, e-mail: email@example.com
New London County
AutoCAD technician position available for an experienced individual. Project assignments are primarily support for civil engineering design and include grading, drainage, site layout, plan and profile drawings. Experience in preparation of survey plans and drawings related to telecommunication facilities (towers, monopoles, compounds, etc.) desirable.
Qualified candidates should contact: Michael Scanlon, LS
100 Fort Hill Road Groton, CT 06340
Submit resume by USPS or email only. No phone calls please.